MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove Image Embed For Guests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum set to allow guest posts. How can I disable image embedding for the Guest usergroup?
Well for the forum that allows guests to post, you could change the settings of the board to disable the IMG MyCode tag by unchecking "Yes, allow [img] code in posts (requires MyCode to be turned on)" for that forum.
Admin CP -> Forums & Posts -> Forum Management -> Forum -> Edit Forum Settings -> Miscellaneous (scroll down)

But that, however, effects all usergroups. You will probably need a plugin for that since there isn't a usergroup permission for the Guests usergroup that will disable it only for them by default. You can try "Extra Forum Permissions" to see if that works. It says it's 1.6.* compatible.
(2014-05-29, 04:29 AM)Vashnik Wrote: [ -> ]Well for the forum that allows guests to post, you could change the settings of the board to disable the IMG MyCode tag by unchecking "Yes, allow [img] code in posts (requires MyCode to be turned on)" for that forum.
Admin CP -> Forums & Posts -> Forum Management -> Forum -> Edit Forum Settings -> Miscellaneous (scroll down)

But that, however, effects all usergroups. You will probably need a plugin for that since there isn't a usergroup permission for the Guests usergroup that will disable it only for them by default. You can try "Extra Forum Permissions" to see if that works. It says it's 1.6.* compatible.

Didn't work for me..
I just ended up disabling it sitewide! Thanks anyways!