MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need help with making a unique original theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I have a domain name and tomorrow or the day after I will switch the domain to a hosting site on register so I can get started with my forum. My forum is about gaming! But its not going to be like every other gaming forum out there and I don't want to spoil what its about because I have some very good ideas. My domain name is zumeplume.com don't go putting the address cause I have yet to set it up and like I said I will tomorrow or the day after put it in a hosting package.

So I want a distinct theme and I need to make a logo... I am thinking of ways theme ideas and things to include in it and the color. I think the main color will be a mystic almost dark purple.

I need help to do these things and ideas and tips on how to get started any help will be greatly appreciated!
Well... create a unique original theme is a matter of time + ideas.

You can integrate anything with MyBB and do a lot of things for your forum.

Something used these days are the font icons, to save bandwidth and use less images... I use Font Awesome from Dave Gandy [Official Site], and it works perfectly and it's easy to use.

Greetings.
(2014-05-29, 09:35 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Well... create a unique original theme is a matter of time + ideas.

You can integrate anything with MyBB and do a lot of things for your forum.

Something used these days are the font icons, to save bandwidth and use less images... I use Font Awesome from Dave Gandy [Official Site], and it works perfectly and it's easy to use.

Greetings.

Ok thank you. When I at least get started making the theme I will probably use that font. But first of all how "do" I get started making the theme? Plus should I first transfer the forum script onto the website before i get started? I am able to do that now but which comes first? I am trying to get things done as soon as possible and kinda don't know what to do first.
When I design, start by choosing the name of the theme (If I can, because sometimes you don't know).

Then I have a fresh install of MyBB in localhost, I use XAMPP, it's super comfortable because you have almost no-load time, then you can design and refresh the page instantly.

Before putting all the css code and that, I have a general idea of what kind of design I wanna do, then it's more easy to me start. You can do this in photoshop or another design program if you want, to have a general idea of the design.

And then, at last, you start coding, putting and removing html code from the templates, and creating custom CSS content, or modifying the current one.

Greetings.
(2014-05-31, 06:18 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]When I design, start by choosing the name of the theme (If I can, because sometimes you don't know).

Then I have a fresh install of MyBB in localhost, I use XAMPP, it's super comfortable because you have almost no-load time, then you can design and refresh the page instantly.

Before putting all the css code and that, I have a general idea of what kind of design I wanna do, then it's more easy to me start. You can do this in photoshop or another design program if you want, to have a general idea of the design.

And then, at last, you start coding, putting and removing html code from the templates, and creating custom CSS content, or modifying the current one.

Greetings.

Thank you oh and this may be off topic but I am using filezilla and I logged on to my database server and am wondering what folder should I paste the files in.[Image: 20aql1v.jpg]

stuck here.
Should be able to go into www > yoursite.com > mybbroot > images or something like that.