MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB SQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I keep getting MyBB SQL Error all the time.

Why do I get this? And how it can be fixed?

[Image: 34xmb0y.png]
You have exceeded the maximum number of queries allowed by your webhost. The database has to be restarted. A couple questions I'd like to ask to try help prevent this problem from occuring more.

Are you on shared hosting?

What plugins are you currently using?

About how many users including guests are online at one time?
(2014-05-29, 08:20 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You have exceeded the maximum number of queries allowed by your webhost. The database has to be restarted. A couple questions I'd like to ask to try help prevent this problem from occuring more.

Are you on shared hosting?

What plugins are you currently using?

About how many users including guests are online at one time?

Yes, shared.

Akismet, Hello World, Hello PluginLibrary, MyAlerts, Show the users that has been online today, PluginLibrary, Registration Security Question and Shoutbox.

Not more than 20 at a time excluding bots and spiders.
Well, if your shoutbox is used/refreshed often, your queries are wasted and you exceed the limit specified by hosting. So either get better hosting, ask if you are allowed to increase the limit or remove shoutbox.
I would say just getting a better host would be the best solution. For just 20 or so online, you shouldn't need semi-dedicated or higher. If you know how often the shoutbox makes ajax requests, you might be able to edit that value so it does them less often. You can also see if it stops checking after a user has been inactive after x minutes. Definitely don't show the shoutbox to guests because that will increase the resources used when guests shouldn't be able to even use it.

If you need me to look into it further, Tuesday I'll have more free time.
You could also think about using a file system for the shoutbox instead of going a database route. I have made one of these in the past actually.