MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ajax Quick Reply Without Nested Quotes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think that in order to make MyBB more modernized it's important to add the Ajax Quick Reply feature. Meaning that when you press the reply button, the browser will interact with the server through ajax and retrieve the Quote BBCode of the selected post and put in the quick reply box. Allowing the user of a comfortable quick posting to the thread.
My second suggestion is to add the option in ACP if nested quotes are allowed in the forum. If not, a quote in quote will be cleaned through the BBCode parser, and the beginning CRLF will be stripped.

I'm surprised it isn't implemented yet, or maybe it is?
Beside striping nested quotes this is possible since MyBB 1.2...
What do you mean? Where do I enable it? And why this site is so slow?
I talked about this button: [Image: postbit_quote.gif]

Edit: Ohh I see now that multi-quote has this feature. Very nice. Can I make it somehow to work with the other button and automatic?

What I need it to do is the following: After clicking the button, page will be scrolled automatically down to Quick Reply, the loading message will appear, when it finishes the quote will be already visible with focus on the text area.

Edit 2: I've managed to do it! Here is how to:

In postbit_quote add to the a tag onclick="Thread.multiQuote({$post['pid']});return Thread.loadMultiQuoted();"