MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Set/Change Usergroups in UserCP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How about a plugin that on registration sets the user to have requested to join a usergroup? By making registered the default group and a second group the actual "board user group" that would work if you made the moderator leader of the group. That way they could accept the join group request?
Thanks, but no - I don't want the users to do that. No user action, since half of them just won't do it forget to do it. :/
No - I meant the moderators accept the join request - the request to join is the bit you automate for the reasons you give above.
Yes and no. ^^ Moderators shall manage a group directly, just without the joining stuff. Smile How could it be automated?
First question is do they all need to go in the same group? If they don't then there has to be a moment where the choice is made.

It would help a lot if I knew what you wanted the thing to do exactly rather than second-guessing. Right now; I think it is possible on sign up to hook into the signup process and insert a join request to the database - for one group.
No, there are like 5 major usegroups there. Users have to write an application that is checked by the team members - afterwards, we change their usergroup via ACP. So I would like the "ACP-usergroup-changing-thing" for the ModCP basically, without the option to set oneself from mod to admin.

Another way would be to make the additional usergroup mods can give users via ModCP the displaygroup, like the primany group is currently doing.

I currently solved this problem with just creating one 'team user group', so there are no mod and admin groups anymore. As superadmin I can manage the admin permissions. But since I use group sepcific queries a lot, this is just not what I wanted. ^^
Pages: 1 2