MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can not add or change user sig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im having a problem adding a sig to a user profile when he doesn't have a sig in the admincp it add's it find shows that it's added. But in the forums,it doesn't show up on his exiting forum posts. im using mybb1.2.2
maybe it will effect only the new posts, try to signup in your forum with a member (not admin) and use your ACP to add a sig for the member you signed up, then post any replay and watch if it have the sig or no
Your user has to go: User CP --> Edit Signature and select " Enable my signature in all of my existing posts." and Update Signature.
How can a admin force enable my signature in all of my existing posts on a specific user? Lets say a user signs up on my forum and he add a sig thats not appropriate and he done posted in several forums and threads what do i do now thats why a admin to have access to this option..
Maybe this is something to be added to your default profile mod DennisTT?
If the user's signature is shown on the post, it will always reflect the latest signature the user has (ie. if you clear the user's signature, any signatures shown below the user's post will be cleared.)

The only reason why I posted this:

DennisTT Wrote:Your user has to go: User CP --> Edit Signature and select " Enable my signature in all of my existing posts." and Update Signature.

...is because you mentioned that the user 1) did not originally have a signature and 2) has existing posts. By default if you do not have a signature (ie. empty signature) the "Show signature" checkbox is not checked. So if you try to change the user's signature in the Admin CP, it would not show up in the posts because the "Show signature" checkbox is not checked. As an admin, you can edit each of the user's posts and enable the "Signature" checkbox, or run this SQL code in phpMyAdmin
UPDATE mybb_posts SET includesig='yes' WHERE uid=X
Replace X with the user's ID.
(Remember to replace any instance of mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix, if different)