MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forum Permissions

MyBB Version - 1.6.13
SQL Engine - MySQLi 5.5.36

Ok my problem is that I can't change the forum permissions in the forum management section of the forums. My problem is I change some thing and the screen goes white. So the permissions table is wrong, and doesn't work. Unfortunately there is no error code just a white screen.

It also does this for the rank permissions, the screen goes white once I click accept, but thankfully the permissions update.

[Image: rsz_fc1eeca86e.png]

[Image: rsz_cbc4ba13a5.png]
Run File Verification in Tools & Maintenance. If there are modified/missing files, upload them.

Then check whether your hosting has ModSecurity enabled and if it has, add this to .htaccess file (without extension) in your forum root:
<IfModule mod_security.c>
	SecFilterEngine Off
	SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>

Also look for errors in MyBB/server logs if both above solutions didn't work and post them here.
We are using IIS 8, not Apache 2. My dev has just told me. Not sure if that helps.

But I ran the tool and found this.

[Image: rsz_ec7a0a736e.png]
Bump Bump Smile
You didn't go through all steps I gave you. Check MyBB/server error logs.

Also upload the 3 missing files - not connected to this issue, but they're needed elsewhere.
We fixed this by creating a backup, and restoring to it. Everything resynced and the tables work correctly now. Thank you.