MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Date of Birth Privacy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Right now the options are Display Age and Date of Birth, Hide Age and Date of Birth, Display Only Age.

Is there any way to Display only the month and day and not the year?
Great suggestion for MyBB 2.0.
Well thanks, but I was hoping not to have to wait that long.Big Grin

ok nevermind, apparently you do not have to input your birth year and it will save. Some forums won't allow that.
If a forum has COPPA enabled, the year will be required.
It doesn't, but thank you.
Once you have signed up you can change the birthday date in the usercp to have the year empty.

I know this because I AM a woman Toungue
Is there a way to change the birthday "output" to just show month and day? I removed the {$age} field from all templates, but user profile still shows full birthday. {$membday}
Next to the my editor issue, which is now resolved, I am finding this age privacy, date of birth issue the hardest thing to get an answer to. Asking again for prosperity.
You need to either manually edit member.php or use a plugin. The way it stores birthdays makes it that way.
(2015-01-17, 03:40 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You need to either manually edit member.php or use a plugin.  The way it stores birthdays makes it that way.

What would the edit be to just remove the birth year from being returned on pages?

Like remove the year from the language file :

$membday = format_bdays($mybb->settings['dateformat'], $membday[1], $membday[0], $membday[2], $w_day);

without breaking things.