MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Importing users to a new forum install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I am launching a new MyBB forum for members of a group I run that hasn't had a forum component yet. I have about 1,000 members from 4 cities that I want to import into a new MyBB install. Here's what I'd like to do:

I have CSV's for each city member list and I'd like to set them up in the right sub-forum/category appropriate to their city.

I'll set them up with default usernames as first-intial-last-name and a random password.

I'd like to be able to send them a notification that their MyBB account has been setup.

When the new user logs in for the first time I'd like to require that they change their password.

I know this is a lot of stuff to ask for help with so if you have even a little piece you can shed some light on I would be grateful. I've looked through the mods director and I can see that there are options for sending notifications and for requiring password change but it's not clear to me whether those mods will be effective if the users were added through a mass import.

Thanks in advance!

Bob