MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Contact page improvements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
1. Add a minimum characters setting for message input (like for posts).

2. Merge duplicate:
$l['contact'] = 'Contact Us';
$l['nav_contact'] = 'Contact Us';
and use the first in breadcrumb.

3. Run the bad word filter on message and title inputs.

4. E-mail input isn't used for members:
if(!$mybb->user['uid'])
{
	$mybb->input['email'] = htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['email']);
}
so hide it for them.
I agree with 1 & 2.
My opinion on number 3 is that the admin is receiving the message so the bad word filter doesn't need to be run. The bad word filter is to hide abusive language on the forum. I'm sure the admin would be interested to hear which members should be banned for inappropriate language Angel.
Number 4, I think the email field should be editable by members; for example GitHub allow that on their contact form.
hello,
I also agree with all.My
(2014-06-03, 04:28 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]My opinion on number 3 is that the admin is receiving the message so the bad word filter doesn't need to be run. The bad word filter is to hide abusive language on the forum. I'm sure the admin would be interested to hear which members should be banned for inappropriate language Angel.

But if it's enabled for guests, anyone can send abusive mails and the IP isn't logged (another possible option - add IP logging to message). I wouldn't want to have inbox full off uncensored insults coming from my own site. And disabling it for guests is a bad option as the form may be used to report registration issues or anything similar.

Also admins will know that someone used bad language because noone usually inputs 4 stars before word you, etc.

(2014-06-03, 04:28 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]Number 4, I think the email field should be editable by members; for example GitHub allow that on their contact form.

I think it should stay as it is - now you can check who contacted you by searching user's E-mail. No idea why would someone change it anyways, except for abuse mentioned above (if someone has outdated E-mail, they can simply change it in UCP).
If a registered user sends the form then it should add the username to the message and probably use the user's email too.

IP logging should be added too IMO.
I'll work of these later. Smile #715
(2014-06-03, 02:41 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]4. E-mail input isn't used for members:
if(!$mybb->user['uid'])
{
	$mybb->input['email'] = htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['email']);
}
so hide it for them.

It seems I added that in 89b5d8f for an unknown reason...
(2014-06-04, 07:22 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]I'll work of these later. Smile #715

Ok, thanks. But you forgot (?) the 1st one - minimum characters setting, I think it's a must-have.
Done. If you make the changes shown in fef59bd you can get these changes before beta 2.
(2014-06-04, 04:26 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-04, 07:22 AM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]I'll work of these later. Smile #715

Ok, thanks. But you forgot (?) the 1st one - minimum characters setting, I think it's a must-have.

Whoopsie Toungue I'll do that now...
Pages: 1 2 3