MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Simple Question Regarding Integration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is not so much a problem, as a basic question. Although it may have been asked and answered already, I need to ask and get it out of the way. I apologize in advance.

I just installed MyBB. Love it. Basic installation, no bells and whistles until I learn the fundamentals. I did install the MyFacebook Connect plugin, but that's as far as I've gone. I don't want to put the cart before the horse, as my dad used to say.

Question:
My forum is installed in the root directory, not in a folder or subdomain. All is well.

If I was to create a folder (not a subdomain) for a WordPress installation or even as a place to put html documents....

Would registered users linking FROM the forum to html documents or WP pages in another directory, risk being logged out of the forum in the process?

I'm not concerned about who might see this other content, and the directory or the WP installation would not be password protected or require any type of login.

I just want to make sure that logged in forum users won't get logged out by bouncing around inside my domain. Once they read the document, I would simply provide a link back to the forum.

Thanks folks,
Eric
(2014-06-03, 07:50 PM)Hodecker Wrote: [ -> ]Question:
My forum is installed in the root directory, not in a folder or subdomain. All is well.

If I was to create a folder (not a subdomain) for a WordPress installation or even as a place to put html documents....

Would registered users linking FROM the forum to html documents or WP pages in another directory, risk being logged out of the forum in the process?

MyBB uses cookies to store session data. Since this other content is in a subfolder of your MyBB installation, it would have access to the MyBB session data. Unless you're doing something funky, this shouldn't automatically log your visitors out of MyBB.
Thank you very much. Nothing funky. Just don't want to annoy the members. I annoy them enough as it is.

Thank you again for the response.