MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: vb to mybb post count
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I merged vb to mybb a few days back and i am having problems with post counts. The post count is showing more post than the user really have. I tried to recount post count in acp but it doesn't help.

What can i do to get the right post count?
First rebuild the Forum cache. This needs to be done first because if a forum doesn't use post count, but when the tool was run it did, it will not update correctly. After this you should be able to update post counts using that tool.
How do I do this?
Admin CP->Tools->Cache Manager. Find where it says Forum and click rebuild cache.
Hi,

I did this and post count is still off
Do any of your forums have post count disabled?
None of them are disabled.
Try running this in PHPMyAdmin and see if your post count updates correctly:

UPDATE mybb_users SET postnum=(SELECT COUNT(pid) FROM mybb_posts WHERE uid=1 AND visible=1) WHERE uid=1

Replace 1 with your user id. If this works correctly, let me know and I can write you a script that will do this for all your members.
Hello I get the following error when I try to run the above

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 1
What version of vB were you using?
Pages: 1 2