MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum Conversion Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have four Forums inside a Forum and when someone posted something into the subforum the main Forum would not get marked as read. I thought it was because the main Forum was a Forum and not a Category. So I tryed to change the main Forum into a Category but I get the following error:

The following errors were encountered:
Forums with threads cannot be converted to categories.

I do not have anything in the main Forum other than the four Forums.
Go to Admin CP->Config->Forum Display Settings. Look for Attempt to mark parent forums read. Change that value to yes.
Thank you helping me with that. I still can not change the forum over the as Category. I do not have any threads inside and I think people should be able to change forum types.
If you don't have any threads in that forum, you might need to update the forum cache. To do this:
Admin CP->Tools->Cache Manager. Find the one that says forums, and click Rebuild. After this, see if it lets you change that forum to a category.
(2014-06-04, 02:33 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't have any threads in that forum, you might need to update the forum cache. To do this:
Admin CP->Tools->Cache Manager. Find the one that says forums, and click Rebuild. After this, see if it lets you change that forum to a category.

It didn't work. I rebuilt the cache and it still gives me the error when I changed it to a Category.
Forum url?
Try running this in PHPMyAdmin and tell me the result:

SELECT COUNT(tid) as total FROM mybb_threads WHERE fid=38
I got 1 back

Oh I think its an invisible thread by a saved draft because it has a visibility of -2. Is there a way for the admin to modify drafts?
Admins cannot modify drafts. Drafts can only be edited by the user who created them or in PHPMyAdmin. You can also delete it in PHPMyAdmin.