MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix multi-quote button?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
It works. I used the tutorial and it worked. It works right now on my site. It isn't that "no-one knows how to fix it" - you are failing to implement the solution.

Did you read this post: http://community.mybb.com/thread-120533-...#pid905506
(2014-06-06, 06:37 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It works. I used the tutorial and it worked. It works right now on my site. It isn't that "no-one knows how to fix it" - you are failing to implement the solution.

(2014-06-06, 06:37 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]It works. I used the tutorial and it worked. It works right now on my site. It isn't that "no-one knows how to fix it" - you are failing to implement the solution.

Yes I did read it and the result looks like this:
[Image: 3w1uzEd.png]
How the button is suppose to look:
[Image: UlQbbMg.png]

It looks correct using this code:
<a class="button" href="javascript:Thread.multiQuote({$post['pid']});" style="display: none;" id="multiquote_link_{$post['pid']}"><i class="fa fa-plus"></i></a>
<script type="text/javascript">
//<!--
    $('multiquote_link_{$post['pid']}').style.display = '';
// -->
</script>

it requires the class=button from the CSS.
Thanks LeeFish for your help.
Regarding my solution - you must have <span></span> inside that button (after <i></i> tag).

img[src*="postbit_multiquote.gif"] ~ i:before {

}

img[src*="postbit_multiquote_on.gif"] ~ i:before{
   color:green; 
 }

In this edited example (along with your current content in postbit_multiquote template) MQ button icon (once it's clicked) will have a green color.
I don't understand Johnny.
Please dont PM me pointing to your thread.

add the html/css as outlined in the post from Tomm; use the code below. First step is to get it to work; ie that it fires the javascript. making it look pretty is the next step.

<span class="button multiquote" id="multiquote_{$post['pid']}" title="{$lang->postbit_quote}">
     <a href="javascript:Thread.multiQuote({$post['pid']});" style="display: none;" id="multiquote_link_{$post['pid']}"><span><i class="fa fa-plus"></i></span></a>
</span>
<script type="text/javascript">
     $('multiquote_link_{$post['pid']}').style.display = '';
</script>

css:

.multiquote span {
color: red;
}
.multiquote_on span {
color: green;
}
A live example of the problem would be valuable, along with a test account. By the looks of those two combined templates, you have an un closed tag somewhere.
@Rymax - he provided a live example; that was how I knew the js was wrong.
(2014-06-06, 11:49 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]@Rymax - he provided a live example; that was how I knew the js was wrong.
Do you know what the issue is Leefish?
Yes I have told you repeatedly how to solve it.

You need to have the correct js (provided) ; you need to have the correct css (example given which you need to "tweak") and you need to have the correct HTML (provided) . If anyone of those is missing / wrong then it will fail.
It's working now but where the button use to be is a malformed green rectangular box
Pages: 1 2 3