MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Post preview
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I think it's good if
  • MyBB has Post Preview in Thread list in forumdisplay.php
  • MyBB has PM Preview in PMs list in private.php
(it has been accepted for portal last threads - #436)
not will conflict with line edit thread?
and this not need extra query?
because if need extra 20 queries (list with 20 threads) for one page its very bad...
xenforo use ajax request when hover... but whatever, I think that impacts on resource consumption.
(2014-06-06, 11:38 AM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]not will conflict with line edit thread?
and this not need extra query?
because if need extra 20 queries (list with 20 threads) for one page its very bad...
xenforo use ajax request when hover... but whatever, I think that impacts on resource consumption.
if we don't use ajax we can use LEFT JOIN with no extra queries.
@My-BB.Ir: The current MYBB database schema does not track the first post of a thread in a field, thus you cannot reliably join it. It calculates the first post by ordering posts by the dateline column ascending.
(2014-06-06, 02:22 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]@My-BB.Ir: The current MYBB database schema does not track the first post of a thread in a field, thus you cannot reliably join it. It calculates the first post by ordering posts by the dateline column ascending.
plz see
http://docs.mybb.com/Database_Tables-mybb_threads.html
firstpost field! Smile
firstpost	 int(10)	 No	 Multiple	0	 Post ID of the first post
I must have missed that column. I don't remember any queries that use that column specifically.