MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Smilies improvements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,
I think it's good if Admin can set several "Text to Replace" for a smiley.
For example
For "Smilie":
:)
(:
:-)
(-:

please see: http://demo.forum-software.org/xenforo/i...lp/smilies
Is it bad idea? Sad
(2014-07-07, 12:24 AM)My-BB.Ir Wrote: [ -> ]Is it bad idea? Sad

I think it's a good idea and is worth consideration. But probably this won't be added in 1.8.
Ah, this is like an alias. This saves you making several smiles for the same image...
I'll look into this later in the week if there are no objections... Smile
+1, good idea
Hi,

I've made an issue to track this over at GitHub: [Issue #902]
You can follow the progress there.
Thanks. Heart
In many ways, it's a bad idea. Most people click smileys instead of typing them, so having aliases is unnecessary. Having multiple smiley strings just give you inadvertent smilie when you write something in (:parenthesesSmile and such which can be annoying. Changing it as an afterthought affects old posts too.

There's a reason why some forums use @smile@ codes or similar exclusively instead of simple smileyface :-)
I always find myself typing smilies because I'm always using quick reply. I personally think this is a good idea. If it's possible to look for a space before and after the smiley characters that would work well to prevent random smileys showing up everywhere.
(2014-07-07, 08:38 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]In many ways, it's a bad idea. Most people click smileys instead of typing them, so having aliases is unnecessary. Having multiple smiley strings just give you inadvertent smilie when you write something in (:parenthesesSmile and such which can be annoying. Changing it as an afterthought affects old posts too.

There's a reason why some forums use @smile@ codes or similar exclusively instead of simple smileyface :-)
If a admin don't like this feature, He can don't use several "Text To Replace" for his smilies Smile

But this idea can be very useful.
Quote:This saves you making several smiles for the same image...

I have also another idea for Smilies, please see http://community.mybb.com/thread-155775.html
Pages: 1 2