MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: user do not get email on subcription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I have mybb 1.6.13 installed and all forums are set for post/thread moderation.
Problem is when a use post a thread, and it go to moderation queue, and when a mod approve that post, users who are subscribed to forum, do not receive new post/thread email.

If I disable post moderation, then users with subscription receive new post/thread email.

Is there something I'm missing in options? why new thread/post email do not generate on thread approval?

Cheerz Smile
I don't feel it is a bug because it was hidden from view when it was posted. What it does is when a new thread gets posted and will be visible, it first makes sure everyone who is subscribed to the forum is allowed to actually view that forum. After that it sends an email if the thread is visible. At the current moment there is no way for it to know when the thread is approved for the first time if it is the first time or not.
I moved this to bugs because I think it is; if there is a system where a user can subscribe to a forum and receive new threads on posting then moderation should allow for that.
Thank you
(2014-06-07, 10:11 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]I moved this to bugs because I think it is; if there is a system where a user can subscribe to a forum and receive new threads on posting then moderation should allow for that.

For what it's worth, I agree with this reasoning. If the thread was just posted (according to the outside user's perspective), then they should be notified as soon as it's approved and open for discussion.
I'm in agreement with this. I'm wondering how we will prevent notifications if a thread is approved, unapproved and approved again, (prevent notification on the second approval). But that's something for the Dev to take when they dive into fixing this issue. Wink
The only way I can see this working is by adding another column to the threads table. It would only really have to be a TINYINT(1) column for the databases that support it and smallint for the ones that don't. Something like this maybe:

if($thread['firstapproved'])
{
// has been approved before
}
else
{
// subscription stuff here.
$db->query("UPDATE " . TABLE_PREFIX . "threads SET firstapproved=1 WHERE tid=$tid");
}
Yeah that'll work. Smile