MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Thread preview picture in tooltip?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to show thread preview in a little tooltip, I mean a picture, not plain text? I saw this kind of feature in a VBulletin forum.
I can't find any tutorial or plugin for it here. I would be willing to make a text only preview though.
I just finished making a plugin that does a text only preview. It should be validated shortly. You will be able to find it under the forum display category for plugins.
A plugin which provides text preview has already been made: http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=267
Mine is written differently because it doesn't alter the database in any way.
Just personal opinion, I suggest you to change a line of your code to:

$thread['preview'] = "<div style=\"background-color: lightyellow;margin: 0 auto; position: relative; width: 510px; height: 100%; padding: 10px;\">".$firstpostcache[$thread['tid']]."</div>";

for better viewing color and void stretching table for long mycode above 50 chars (such img etc..)
One of thread list wider..

Anyway,, its nice plugin.. Smile
I don't force the color of the background so it can work with any theme. A lightyellow background to me would seem ugly on a dark background theme. I don't use the parser in my plugin either because it is just suppose to be a preview. There isn't really a need to force parse content.