MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transferring the forum, but only the scripts are showing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I'm trying to transfer my previous myBB forum (which is up-to-date), located here, to a new host, which is located here. I already looked up the guide to transferring a forum and followed the instructions, but for whatever reason, the content seems to be transferred but it's not running the scripts. This is what I mean:

If you look at the index part of the site it's blank, link to new host index, so I thought "Maybe the files didn't go through", but then when you go to the admin cp, link to the new host admin cp, it just shows this. It does the same thing if I go to the install page (I thought maybe I needed to install the forum for it to work, but even that page is weird).

Any ideas on what the problem could be? Or any ideas on how to go around this problem so the board actually works.

I would really love to keep the content, users and threads from the previous host so I won't have to re-create and copy things individually.

Also: We already transferred the old files from the FTP to the new FTP, did the phpmyadmin thing, and downloaded a copy of the current site's database into the new site's database... Basically, whatever the transfer guide said to do, we did. Link to the transfer guide.
Upload all the files to the new host, and upload the sql db from old host to new. Once done make sure to edit the connection script

inc/config.php

After that edit the cookie connection

inc/settings.php

Once all that is done then give us a status update! If you don't get it working I recommend a remote session using teamviewer.

http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx

Then pm me your userid and pass for the teamviewer, then I will connect and solve your issue remotlely Smile.
Alright, so I downloaded and installed the standard version of MyBB, as if to make a new site, then once I was in the SQL db area, I deleted the default tables that were there from the installation and imported the old ones from my previous host, so all the content from my site would be transferred. Along with transferring all the old FTP files to the new FTP, and now it works!

Not sure why it wouldn't work before, I guess something wasn't transferring right, or maybe the host was forgetting something? That or something just wasn't being edited right in the Configuration that we couldn't figure out, but it's fixed.

Thank you so much for your help!