MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Simple vs. Advanced CSS Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Would it be possible to add a setting to the ACP that would allow administrators to select which editing mode they see by default when they open up a style sheet? I've made a core edit to my 1.6 board so that I automatically am taken to the advanced version instead (because the simple version does me no good), but I think this could be useful as a setting. Some administrators need the simple form, but for others, it would be nice to save a click when opening up a style sheet.

The core edit itself is very simple (only required 2 changes in the file), so it should be easy to implement. Due to hook placements and how it is coded, this isn't possible without core edits, which is why I think a setting is the best way to go.
Could you explain in more detail about advanced mode?

and mybb 1.8 not use more codepress... in mybb 1.8 is codemirror...
edit you made in 1.6 to take advanced mode not will work in mybb 1.8
@martec: he means the CSS editor - the core edit will work regardless of the change to codemirror.

I'd like to see this added, the setting should be in the preferences so every admin can select it.
I also agree to this.
(2014-06-09, 02:46 PM)King Louis Wrote: [ -> ]@martec: he means the CSS editor - the core edit will work regardless of the change to codemirror.

I'd like to see this added, the setting should be in the preferences so every admin can select it.

sorry my bad...
Now I understood ...

[Image: WjDLp2x.png]
Put codemirror in textarea above.... i not use simple mode, but agree....
@martec, no, he means that there should be a default mode for editing the stylesheets: either Advanced or Simple (preference). So you don't have to click Advanced Mode each time. I don't see why not, it's a simple but quite useful change.
(2014-06-09, 03:14 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]@martec, no, he means that there should be a default mode for editing the stylesheets: either Advanced or Simple (preference). So you don't have to click Advanced Mode each time. I don't see why not, it's a simple but quite useful change.

sorry my bad again.... Blush
Now it makes more sense...
totally agree. Big Grin
totally agree. simple mode is pretty useless to me. I always prefer working on advanced mode.
agree
I'm going to follow the crowd on this one. Toungue Anyway seriously why do we show the simple one by default - it's more useless than editing the code in the advanced blindfolded (minor exaggeration Toungue).
Pages: 1 2