MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My Forum Experiencing Extreme Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My forum lately has been experiencing serious lag! Pages take forever to load. Below is my debug info on two separate occasions. On occasion a page will generate within 0.121 seconds however this isn't the majority.

I do not believe it is my host as I have another site (that isn't opened yet) but isn't experiencing this issue. I could be wrong however as I'm new to all this.

I'm new to self hosting my own forum so please bear with me, I may not know where to find the information you require to help me. Please try to dumb it down as best you can.

Quote:Generated in 16.8283889 seconds (0.39% PHP / 99.61% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 21 / Global Parsing Time: 16.7975819 / Memory Usage: 5.25 MB
PHP version: 5.4.28 / Server Load: 1.21 / GZip Compression: Disabled
[advanced details]

Quote:Generated in 46.0677469 seconds (0.17% PHP / 99.83% MySQL)
SQL Queries: 21 / Global Parsing Time: 45.8960650 / Memory Usage: 5.25 MB
PHP version: 5.4.28 / Server Load: 1.02 / GZip Compression: Disabled
[advanced details]

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!! Also, let me know if you require any additional information!

Link to my site: http://www.bloodmoonrpg.utopiarising.net/BM/index.php
myBB version:1.6.12 (yea I know I have upgraded yet)
Test account can be furnished upon request, if needed. Just ask and I will PM it to you.
Well, default MYBB surely doesn't need 46 seconds for queries, especially with only 4000 posts. So either:
a) you use a broken plugin which may cause it (provide a list)
b) your MySQL server has problems (did you try asking hosting?)
(2014-06-09, 08:04 PM)Destroy666 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, default MYBB surely doesn't need 46 seconds for queries, especially with only 4000 posts. So either:
a) you use a broken plugin which may cause it (provide a list)
b) your MySQL server has problems (did you try asking hosting?)

lol, had a feeling a list of plug-ins would be needed. I should have provided them.
  • KeyCAPTCHA (0.2)
  • Enhanced Account Switcher
  • Forum Affiliates Manager
  • Date of Birth on Registration
  • Dynamic To Top
  • Force Postbit Layout
  • MentionMe (2.2)
  • MyAlerts (1.05)
  • NewPoints (1.9.9)
  • Stop Theme Changes
  • Show the users that has been online today (2.0)
  • PluginLibrary (12)
  • Private Message Log (1.1)
  • Age Restricted Thread Prefixes (1.00)
  • Style Usernames (1.8)
  • Table Generator (1.0)
  • Thank You/Like System (1.5)
  • Username Change Approval, Limit and History (1.2)
  • View Groups (1.5)

I get this feeling like I'm going to have to deactivate all the plug ins to see if that helps and activate them again one by one... :/

Also, I have not contacted my host yet. I wanted to have as much info on what I've done on the myBB side before I try contacting them so I can refute them when they try and blame it on myBB. Wink If all other trouble shooting fails I will probably do that.
Your feeling is right, but you don't have to do it one by one.

ACP -> Configuration -> General Configuration -> Disable All Plugins -> set to Yes and Save

Then test whether the problem disappeared or not.

Also use File Verification in Tools & Maintenance tab, post results here.
Thank you for your help, btw!

Still lagging after disabling all plug-ins. Sad

File Verification check:
Quote:File Verification: Found Problems
File Status
jscripts/editor.js Changed
calendar.php Changed
images/dot_lockfolder.gif Missing
One thing that's slowing it down a good amount for me is that your forum is trying to access this URL which won't load:

http://www5.cbox.ws/sub2?id=774466_0&ev=91519

It just keeps trying to load it in the background until it times out.
(2014-06-10, 04:09 AM)EnvisionChase Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that's slowing it down a good amount for me is that your forum is trying to access this URL which won't load:

http://www5.cbox.ws/sub2?id=774466_0&ev=91519

It just keeps trying to load it in the background until it times out.

Thanks for your input!

That looks like either my chat box itself or something to do with my chat box. I was able to rule it out by removing the chat box and testing it and still the same results.

In either case my ACP also loads extremely slow which does not have a chat box attached to it. But thank you for the help, it rules that out at least!

I fear I may have to contact my host soon.
The key to your issue is here

Quote:Generated in 16.8283889 seconds (0.39% PHP / 99.61% MySQL)

Your mysql server is performing terribly, 21 queries is not too many, and that should usually take less than a second.

go to the debug page and have a look at each query, let us know which is performing the worst, it may be its something like the session table, which is locking to do reads and writes as its likely myISAM and meaning your queries wait until others are finished to complete.

Let us know the debug results, then once done, if you are on a VPS then restart mysql and see if this speeds things up for you.

My guess is that something in mysql is locked up and causing everything else to slow down. If you are on a shared host, there is a good chance someone else is causing mysql to crawl.

Additionally your site pulls down some massive images for every load. Two in particular are 500KB each, just on those images alone users have to download 1MB not to mention the additional files.

Your site is still trying to load http://www5.cbox.ws/sub2?id=774466_0&ev=91551 as well.

I would search for the call to this in your scripts and disable it asap. This constant pull will cause a big portion of the slow down too. Run your site through yslow to try and get a picture of what to change.
You may also want to look into using the Optimize Database tool in the Admin CP.

Admin CP->Tools->Optimize Database. You may also want to think about changing some tables to InnoDB, particularly posts, threads, and private messages. InnoDB has row level locking instead of table level locking which may be userful.
The downside to InnoDB for posts is that it doesn't support full-text search (at least not in the version of MySQL in most distros). Some people have converted the session table to memory.
Pages: 1 2