MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: corrupted database table
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

I have problems signing in to Admin CP,because of the error:

#144 - Table './mybb/mybb_adminoptions' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

Tried many times with phpmyadmin to repair the table, but it didnt help. It says Operation failed and

#144 - Table './mybb/mybb_adminoptions' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

Is there a way to repair successfully only this table or must i use a backup - wich is not the prefarable option because it is not very fresh.

Because of this error, i cannot login to Admin CP and perform any restore or backup changes to my forum and of course any action at all.

Here some details:

An error occurred while executing the database request for:
MySQL
5.5.36-MariaDB
MySQL Connector Java
mysql-connector-java-5.1.25 ( Revision: ${bzr.revision-id} )

Short message:
An error occurred while performing the operation:
Table './mybb/mybb_adminoptions' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

The command that caused the problem:
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM mybb.mybb_adminoptions

Long Message:
Table './mybb/mybb_adminoptions' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed

Details:
   Type: java.sql.SQLException
   Error Code: 144
   SQL State: HY000

Thanks in advance.
First, go ahead and make a backup of the database - even though it has a corrupted table.

If your web hosting company is using cPanel, go to "MySQL Databases" and you'll see an option to "check" the database to see if it detects the table is corrupt. If it does, then choose the "Repair" option to fix it.
my company uses Parallels Plesk Control Panel,and it has only phpmyadmin. No such check option available to check the database.
(2014-06-10, 09:40 AM)roi Wrote: [ -> ]my company uses Parallels Plesk Control Panel,and it has only phpmyadmin. No such check option available to check the database.

http://php.about.com/od/mysqladministrat..._mysql.htm
Try running following command in SQL tab of PHPMyAdmin window:
Quote:REPAIR TABLE mybb_adminoptions
JimR and adi19, all that you suggested i have tried already. None of the technics could repair the affected table. A "corrupted" message was thrown out everytime. Phpmyadmin is not an ultimate tool....it has his limitations. This i now know.

Meanwhile, i asked for help my host administrator and he repaired the table. And it can be optimized again via Admin CP - the error was produced in the first place when i tried to optimize that specific table.

Thanks for your effords.
Well congrats on the fix! Smile My suggestion was to recreate the table again..