MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URGENT all code dissappeared
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated
template > index page template > index and after I clicked save, the code and everything else dissapeared!
The only thing left is <html><head><title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
What file do I need to reupload to fix this? I use AdultPink.

I have updated this file before without problem, and I tried to update it again with this code https://gist.githubusercontent.com/adamd...ctron-code and that made it just blank out everything but the title. My board is now a white page.
Thank you
Sounds like something happened during the save, where the save failed, or there was an escape string in there.

Unfortunately unless you have a backup you are going to need to recreate the page.

If it was a default template, just install the template again under a new name, or rename the broken one.

Or copy the code from your UAT or test instance
Thank you Dannymh. Yes, it sounds reasonable that something happened during the save, maybe my host was temporarly overloaded. I didn't realize it could just delete everything...

I have switched to the default template and it works, so I guess I just have to reinstall my template. But then I loose all edits. I was hoping to just replace this page. I just need to know which one.

Thank you
PinkStar
rather than reinstall, if you have only lost some edits on one template page, try installing the template on a test installation and copy over the one that has gone missing
Thank you Dannymh, but without knowing the name of the template I don't see the point. I'm hoping someone can answer me soon.

In the meantime, I have disabled my forum and updated the message. That was 8+hrs ago and I still see activity on my forum. I use the default template for now and after I had change the Board closed to Yes, there was still a login box! I removed it from the template but, as I wrote, there are still 100+ people online browsing forums (I have the Show x viewing forum enabled).
My forum seems to have a life of it's own...

Thanks,
PinkStar