MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unapproved Threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, in 1.8 you will add in the top of forum the message bar "There is 1 thread / message unapproved" ? like for PM messages.
This will not work because it would stay that way until the thread is either approved or deleted. It should be the job of moderators to look at all threads in their designated forum and decide if any unapproved ones should get approved.
But I think that is the point Dragonfever - that the admin/moderator sees on signin that there are threads needing attention. So the thread is approved or deleted - and the "open actions" are done and the indicator disappears.

It works in 1.8 because of soft delete - in 1.6 it was less useful to have such an indicator (though I do have one on my board).
You could possibly only show the message on the index to avoid global queries...

I like the idea but all your soft (unapproved) deleted posts will have to be soft deleted in order for the message to go away. In the context of this board - that's a lot of work. Wink
Jordan, I use it in the header and check it against the cache - the number of unapproved threads/posts is there already so queries = none.

Yea, on this board with all the unapproved posts it's a nightmare, but that is why we have soft delete now, for boards like this, and really it should be cleaned up. It could be done via a script for a one time clean.
If it's in the cache I'll get to work right now. Wink
Leefish: In the modcp the unapproved counters there check for moderator permissions in the forums that the posts/threads/attachments are located in. Using the cache would mean that the notice in the header has numbers that don't reflect that of the ones in the Mod CP (and the users' permission). How do you suggest I go about this? Ignore the difference and use the cache instead or not include this feature?
Yea, I use it from cache as I am an admin on my board.

In the ModCP there is already a query for the number of unapproved posts/threads/attachments - can that query be cached? Does that query take into account forum permissions and visibility?

I shall test on my board.
Yes the queries in the mod cp take into account the moderator's permissions. This would cause a large and pretty much redundant cache.
Please add this bar in 1.8.

Moderator can not at any moment to review this section.

And this very useful for approved threads and help moderator to apporoved thread faster.

Please add this or Administrators can choose to select this mode or not.

Thanks a lot.
Pages: 1 2