MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mark Forum Read in footer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i believe most of the members in any forum clicks on "View New Posts" or "View Today's Posts" after he logs in. after going through the list, he might come back to index to "mark all forums read"

it would be helpful and easier if this link is moved from the board stats to footer, so we can use this functionality from any page.

is this possible.... Big Grin
Agree, I never understood why is it in Board Statistics table on index page. Quite useless there.
+1 to this idea. Could actually be in header too right after the View New Posts and View Today Posts.
Yup.... moving it header or footer would be great.... Smile
And I thought that I was the only one frustrated with having to go back to index to MARK ALL FORUMS READ Toungue
I never use that feature in case I miss an important thread. Wink I'm all for moving the link to the footer. I mean it's completely unrelated to board statistics... :s
I don't think it should be added to every page (it doesn't make much sense on the calendar does it?). It's a simple template edit so every admin can change it if they want to.
XenForo has theirs in the navigation part at the top. Seems more useful there than on the index page in the board statistics part. If it can't be done before 1.8's stable release, then how about for MyBB 2.0, "Mark All Forums Read" gets moved to a more relevant part of the index page at the very least.
(2014-06-12, 08:55 PM)King Louis Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think it should be added to every page (it doesn't make much sense on the calendar does it?). It's a simple template edit so every admin can change it if they want to.

Well, someone may go to calendar before quitting the forum and the link would be helpful there too. It doesn't require any query, so why not? vB and XF have it in header, IPB in footer by default.

EDIT: @Jordan, yeah, it can't even be in header because there is no place for it while browsing as guest. But footer is fine.
I don't want to see the header cluttered with this but in the footer is ok...
Pages: 1 2 3