MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem my FireFox Missing Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am having problems with my browser when at my site. One of several problems I am trying to deal with right now. I think am using the latest Mozilla FireFox, but I can't say the same for my plug-ins. When using my FireFox the box above the reply and PMs is missing. I don't know what it's called but it has the font, text size, color, etc. For some reason it doesn't show up when I use the FireFox on my computer but is there when I use Internet Explorer. It is also there when I use FireFox on another computer. I know this has to be a problem with my computer but I don't even know what to call it. A full virus scan didn't find anything.

Another thing I noticed is that when I click the boxes to the sides of the threads it doesn't seam to do anything. This is keeping me from using the mod tools at the mod tools at the bottom of the page. I use this to delete several old threads at once and being unable to do so is getting in the way. Like the problem with the reply it is only going on when I use FireFox on my computer, but not when I use another browser or computer.

How it normally looks.
[attachment=31790]

How it looks now on my FireFox
[attachment=31791]

Edit: Changed the title now that I know what it's called.
Not a virus, not a browser problem or anything similar, but once again - jQuery conflict.
https://www.google.pl/search?q=missing+e...&es_sm=122

Provide your board URL and headerinclude template.
So it's called an Editor? I would have looked for that if I had known what it's called. I though it was a problem with my browser because, as I said before, I appear to be the only one having the problem. I spoke with another user using FireFox and she didn't notice anything, no body has posted anything about it, and when using a borrowed computer the problem doesn't show up. This isn't the first time something like that has happened. I can't log in or vote on misterpoll.com (a website I used to go to all the time) when using my laptop and FireFox as each time I try I get the message "Submission rejected" but it works just find when using a family member's laptop. The editor went missing for me on the 10th, which is something new. I believe I have the newest version of FireFox but I not sure what version is on the borrowed computers.

I am a bit new to the whole script thing so I don't know certain terms. I don't know what jQuery conflict or headerinclude template mean. As for board URL do you mean my site? I didn't build my site myself but got it from the original owner so I need a far amount of help. I don't know for sure why he stepped down but he hinted at a few things and now I can't get in touch with him. I do see he has an account here but hasn't been on for over a year. I am just trying to keep the site running as best I can.

By the way, right now I am using 1.6.12. I have been meaning to update to 1.6.13 but haven't found the time. I wanted to do it when I don't have many users on but also have enough time to do it. The first update I tried I messed something up and needed help from my host just to get into my plug-ins to turn them back on. That was when I was attacked by spam bots and didn't want to leave until that was fixed.

(2012-06-26, 10:03 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]Add the following code in your headerinclude template;
<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>

I found this in the search link you gave me. Do I just need to go to AdminCP > Templates > Photoshop Bliss IV Templates? I couldn't find headerinclude template in there but I did see Header Templates. When I click that I get header, header_welcomeblock_guest, header_welcomeblock_member, header_welcomeblock_member_admin, & header_welcomeblock_member_moderator. Not sure if I sould copy and past that code into there or not. I guess if yes then I would have to do the same for NeonGlow Templates and Global Templates. Maybe MyBB GoMobile Templates. Not sure how that works.

Here is a screen cap of what templates I have.
[attachment=31797]
only you have problem?
you using adblock or something?
if you use, you not put to block editor.js in adblock?
No, I don't believe I am using an adblocker. If I am it is there on it's own. I don't know if FireFox has one with the last update or something, but I never asked for one. How would I know if I am have one running?
(2014-06-13, 07:26 AM)Negima Wrote: [ -> ]No, I don't believe I am using an adblocker. If I am it is there on it's own. I don't know if FireFox has one with the last update or something, but I never asked for one. How would I know if I am have one running?

adblock is addon...
if you not installed this addon, should be another problem.

what your url of forum?
Board URL = link to your site.

headerinclude template is under Ungrouped Templates.

Provide both, can't help without them.
Well I had this problem too with the quick editor missing, furthermore when using SCeditor the left smiley box were missing, but only me as an Admin.

I already had the noconflict jquery in the headinclude template, so I checked the Database and found under mybb_users that the showcodebuttons had the value 0. Changing it to 1 brought back the smiley box and the quick editor.
I found these in my headerinclude Template.
Quote:<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery.noConflict();
</script>
Quote:<script type="text/javascript">jQuery.noConflict();</script>
It seems odd that it is in there 3 times. Then again my predecessor did appear to have a similar problem a year ago. Did you want me to copy and past the whole code form the headerinclude Template?

I plan to make the update to 1.6.13 tonight. After that I will tell you my URL. As the version isn't up to date I am a little reluctant to give it out just yet.
The noConflict should only be in your template one time. Additionally, make sure the jQuery library is only loaded one time.
Pages: 1 2