MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Remove normal members from mod logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when a normal member delete reputation given by him to another person, his name is added to mod logs. is it possible to prevent this??

he is not a mod anyway to be listed in mod logs. is it possible to run a check for member's group id before adding him to mod logs.
mod logs list all mod action...
delete reputation is mod action...
in my forum i permit normal user delete own post... this too listed in mod logs because this too mod action.
(2014-06-12, 02:39 PM)martec Wrote: [ -> ]mod logs list all mod action...
delete reputation is mod action...

yes I very well know this that's why I raised a doubt whether its possible to check his group id before updating mod logs....
Technically its possible because you have all the information from the $mybb->user array. It still is nice though for it to record it in case someone starts deleting a bunch of their posts.
(2014-06-12, 03:17 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Technically its possible because you have all the information from the $mybb->user array. It still is nice though for it to record it in case someone starts deleting a bunch of their posts.

I like the way it is.
For me is good i can check all mod actions...
I not agree with that idea of OP.
for deleting posts forum owners have a option to allow globally or to specific groups. moreover 1.8 will have soft delete functionality. soft delete is going to get better in time. so is it still necessary to track deletion of posts.

but yes its just my opinion.Smile
Soft deletion will possibly not be logged. If a user was to soft delete their own post I don't think it should be logged as the post is still accessible. The log is there to track moderator actions and by removing those actions you are not using the feature as it is supposed to be used.

A simple filter for showing logs completed by moderators (achieved by adding a column to the logs table: is_mod - or similar) or filter by who is currently a moderator would be good.