MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with theme, logo and icons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, so I have the blackevo4 theme. Yesterday I have created my own logo and icons. transparented the logo and icons to logo.png, on.gif, off.gif and offlock.gif.

I have went to filezilla and went to images/blackevo4 folder and replaced the logo.png with mine. then I refreshed the forum page and my logo did not show.

I did not try to replace the .gifs cause I thought it would not work for the same reason the logo did. Can I please get some help with this? Do the logo.png and .gifs need to be a certain resolution?
Your logo.png did not work because probably you still have the "board logo" set to logo.gif
Check the ACP>Templates & Styles>your theme>board logo
(2014-06-12, 07:29 PM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]Your logo.png did not work because probably you still have the "board logo" set to logo.gif
Check the ACP>Templates & Styles>your theme>board logo

Thank you! I fixed the problem. I named them all to logo including the .gif and same for icons. You just need to name them logo and off and on not the .(?) part.

Now I have another problem... The icons, on, off and offlock show up on the forum but are too dang BIG. They take up TOOOOOOOO much space! And the logo is a little small.

What resolution do I need to scale the icons on, off and offlock to?
(2014-06-12, 07:45 PM)BlackPlumb Wrote: [ -> ]What resolution do I need to scale the icons on, off and offlock to?

Please follow this instruction, I think it will help you.
While looking at this post, move your cursor to the top of the page.
Move the cursor so that it hovers over the icon for Calendar.
Now, RIGHT click on the calendar icon.
Then select "Open image in new tab" from the drop down menu.
The image will open in a new tab and if you LOOK AT the tab, you will see the correct size. (16x16)
This method will work for many, many icons and images.
If you are using a mac machine the method will be slightly different.