MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration email not being sent after user registers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
both bugs with the new member.php that is in the install pack. Chris should fix this, a lot of people are having trouble with this. In the mean time, use this: http://www.mybboard.com/community/attach...hp?aid=524
The new members file worked good for the %1$s, %2$s. but it still don't send the activation email. So who ever registers can't use there account because no activation gets sent to them. I've been activating there accounts manualy but it's getting to be a pain in the butt.

Is there any fix for this?
um, turn email activation off, so instant activation??
But I don't want instant activation. Ugh.. O well I guess I have to untill the patch comes out or new version.

Thanks for your help. Smile
Funny... I never had this problem.

Are you sure it's not a problem with your host?
I had a similar problem to this , the email ws being sent but it was blank.
I reverted back to the old member.php and everything works hunky dorey.
obiwan, it never worked for the old member.php either.

PheonixWarrior, how could it be my host? Do they have to support sending email?
DJeX: If you have your board email set to the webmail you make with your own domain, then yes, they have to support sending email.

But if you have your email set to Yahoo, GMail, Hotmail or something, then it shouldn't be the E-Mail.

I signed up as "Test" but you had E-Mail validation disabled so I wouldn't know whats wrong. At this point, I suggest you to do a fresh install. Since you only have 4 members, it's better to just not have any errors from the beginning.
DJex, if it never worked for the old member.php , what version do i have?
When i downloaded the forum just before christmas it had the member.php in it. I then saw a post on here about a security issue and a update for member.php (that was the one that gave me problems)
when i changed back to the original one everything works fine!
Pages: 1 2