MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good Performance + Optimization
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2014-06-14, 11:53 PM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]If you're on standar MyBB without plugins, then VPS with at least 1GB RAM (exc.panel) would be sufficient. Hopefully you can choose the plugin wisely. Or try to mention it here.. As a noob on MyBB, try not to use plugin as least 1 year until you're expert in MyBB.

And if you're above 1.5 millions post, then consider using innoDB table..

I have forum twice bigger than you and so many plugin with Dedicated server above 100-200 online user only tooks 0.5-1.5 CPU load..

Are you paying out of pocket for the site? Or are you getting some revenue?

Honnestly, no one should need more then 10 plugins, (depending on the scenario) 15 max.

I have ran forums that have 50-65 member's posting at a time. With 5000+ posts. Only needed a basic VPS, and that was still pretty fast. All you need to do is rational the core files out. Get Cloudfire to protect UPD floods, and limit ammount of querys being ran, and you will have a speedy site. Smile
Upgraded mysql to 5.6 to get innodb

We have around 800k right. We cleared out the spam archives, etc and all. We're looking at a few plugins for quality if life like form manager, my awards, Tagging, Colored Usernames, MyAlerts, Additional Usergroup Images, and Spoiler. :].

We tend to have 295-400 people online at a time.
(2014-06-15, 01:11 AM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]Upgraded mysql to 5.6 to get innodb

We have around 800k right. We cleared out the spam archives, etc and all. We're looking at a few plugins for quality if life like form manager, my awards, Tagging, Colored Usernames, MyAlerts, Additional Usergroup Images, and Spoiler. :].

We tend to have 295-400 people online at a time.
Sheesh! Labroccas site is just as busy. He usually limits plugins and stuff.
We get a ton of guests. It's crazy. We're ranking in the top 3 results on Google for almost anything in our field.

Okay so anyways. Converting from MyISAM to innodb is taking a very long time :[. Worked quickly for the smaller tables but for mybb_posts it's been running for over two hours. Anyone know of a better way to do this?
(2014-06-15, 01:19 AM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]We get a ton of guests. It's crazy. We're ranking in the top 3 results on Google for almost anything in our field.

Okay so anyways. Converting from MyISAM to innodb is taking a very long time :[. Worked quickly for the smaller tables but for mybb_posts it's been running for over two hours. Anyone know of a better way to do this?

Nope Posts will take a huge ammount of time as that is the hugest part of the database. Think of it as your downloading a huge update for something..
be careful for migrating to innoDB while you're not on your own-server Smile
make a backup.

Personally I dont like cloudfare or something to limit access and preventing Google from crawl my site. Currently, my site was crawl within 2-3 hours. And with unique "title" rank will be top-10.

as I said, use plugin wisely.
If you can read the code, you will know which plugin should not installed (or installed carefully)
Just like Labrocca, I did write my own plugin or modified the existing one to run on my huge 2 million posts forum Smile
Yeah. Taking forever to do it. I'm wondering if cloning it to an innodb one would work better.

I plan on testing the plugins and gtmetrix the site to check for speed differences and adjust things as needed. We use CloudFlare because we deal with several DDoS attacks and they get quite annoying. Apparently people don't like writers? Because that's what we are... Writers. That's our entire niche. Not code, just language. We write stories, create characters, and help rpgs.

Edit:
CREATE TABLE mybb_newposts LIKE mybb_posts
ALTER TABLE mybb_newposts AUTO_INCREMENT=$auto_increment ENGINE=Innodb
INSERT INTO mybb_newposts SELECT * FROM mybb_posts
RENAME mybb_posts TO mybb_oldposts
RENAME mybb_newposts TO mybb_posts

Something like that maybe? Sorry not the best at SQL statements.
The conversion will take as long as it takes. It isn't instant especially on a big table. Might be worth dropping your site offline downloading a backup of the posts and threads tables and restoring them on your local computer then you could do the conversion there and restore back to your server.
depend on your host (power), copying and processing from the same server is also risky.
you may try localhost conversion...
Converting to INNODB offline right now actually. Ad I noticed the amount of rows jumped up over 200k from what we had on MyISAM is this normal?
Pages: 1 2 3