MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: set the time when an user can see an post or fourms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok i am wanting to set up like an membership type site with an forum in i was just wondering can you set it up so that users can only see an post after an amount off time they have joined in mybb ?

eg they cant see an post till they have been an member for say 3 days and so on set the times and dates with in each post and maybe forums ? ?
Would the promotion system work for this? So the users get promoted to a new usergroup after X days and when promoted the threads will be viewable to only that usergroup and higher.
Pretty sure you could use php too do something like:
if(Condition 1 < condition 2) //If Condition 1 is less then 2
{
echo "You joined too early.";
}

For that you would need to get the time signature and subtract that from the time you want.

If you wanted them to be able to post in 2 weeks you would get that time signature and get the users time signature and compare it.

http://www.4webhelp.net/us/timestamp.php A generator for that.

For example if:

(user1 timestamp)1403027022 < 1503027022 (your time you prescribed.)

I'm pretty sure thats a complicated approach but it would probably work lol.
This what i gone with for know after some search i found out about this function Big Grin
(2014-06-17, 01:55 PM)Shanee Wrote: [ -> ]Would the promotion system work for this? So the users get promoted to a new usergroup after X days and when promoted the threads will be viewable to only that usergroup and higher.
yes i was thinking the same here would work to get me started for the post i dont want people to see that are no in locked down categories
maybe it be somting if i found using an lot i could make it into an plugin or some sort
(2014-06-17, 05:45 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure you could use php too do something like:
if(Condition 1 < condition 2) //If Condition 1 is less then 2
{
echo "You joined too early.";
}

For that you would need to get the time signature and subtract that from the time you want.

If you wanted them to be able to post in 2 weeks you would get that time signature and get the users time signature and compare it.

http://www.4webhelp.net/us/timestamp.php A generator for that.

For example if:

(user1 timestamp)1403027022 < 1503027022 (your time you prescribed.)

I'm pretty sure thats a complicated approach but it would probably work lol.