MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fails to login with correct info.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just changed my server hosting website.
And Installed the forums and imported the database (contained all info of previous site).After this when I got to the board url it says
MyBB Internal Error
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (42)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been upgraded. Please do so before attempting to browse it.
And when I try to upgrade and enter the Login info it says invalid username specified.And I can't upgrade and forum is stuck since that.
Link in my sig.

Replies appreciated.
Ali.

1500 visits not a single reply?????

4200 viosits no reply?
Most of those visits are bots, not actual users.

When I went to your forum to the upgrade page it says you still haven't deleted the file "lock" from the install directory. You need to do that.
Dragon, its you either add the lock file (with no extension inside of install) or delete the installation folder. (Which I prefer too do)
Dragonexpert should I remove lock file and send you username and password?
Oh I read that wrong.
Remove the lock file extension and then go to /install folder to install the upgrade.
Done, Dragon try now if you can?

I can't.

Error
Error
The username you have entered appears to be invalid.
MyBB © 2002-2014 MyBB Group
/home/u802256411/public_html/forums/install/resources///mention.lang.php does not exist
That language file is not part of the default language files. Open inc/init.php. After the opening php tag do this:
define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

Please post again if the issue about username invalid still persists.

Please do not PM us for support unless we specifically request to be PM'd certain information.
OK Thanks and will let you know about further issues.

(2014-06-16, 04:56 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]That language file is not part of the default language files. Open inc/init.php. After the opening php tag do this:
define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

Please post again if the issue about username invalid still persists.

Please do not PM us for support unless we specifically request to be PM'd certain information.
define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);

Where should I change (e.g line,etc)
You just put that on the second line of inc/init.php. You don't need to edit anything else.
Above MyBB 1.6??

NOT WORKING.

(2014-06-16, 05:14 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You just put that on the second line of inc/init.php. You don't need to edit anything else.
I pasted and looks like
// Disallow direct access to this file for security reasons
if(!defined("IN_MYBB"))define("NO_PLUGINS", 1);