MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registered users loose registered status on public forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a site www.nzarchitecture.net.nz that has one private forum and two public forums

Users who have registered for access do not need moderator intervention to have their posts and replies seen on the private forum, but for some reason they do on the public forums.

The public forums (and child forums) have permissions set such that registered users can do all activities - view, post, reply, edit, post polls etc

However any post made by a registered user in the public forums nevertheless appears in the moderation queue and is invisible to others until approved.

The Registered Users group under User and Groups tab does not seem to have any setting that would contradict the public forum permissions.

What setting do I likely have wrong?

Any help most appreciated!
Admin CP->Forums & Posts->Click on the Problem Forum. Click on Edit Settings.

Make sure the options regarding moderating threads and posts are not checked.
Hi thanks for that! Does unticking moderation options then open the public forum up to unmoderated posting by unregistered users though?

I still want to moderate unregistered users postings, while allowing registered users posting without moderation.

Slightly counter intuitive language/layout with forum permissions being set in both 'forum permissions' and 'forum settings'!
Guests can only post if forum permissions allow them to do so. You can't have it moderate posts from one usergroup and not another without a plugin.