MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Error (41) on Installed Board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My board has been installed and worked fine but recently I have been getting the error 41 not-installed error when my myBB install has been active for at least a year.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (41)
Error Message:
Your board has not yet been installed and configured. Please do so before attempting to browse it.

URL: http://utaforum.net/
Did you recently upgrade or update it?
If you look into the database are all the tables still there.

is your inc/config.php blank?
same question for settings.php

Is the Install folder still present?
No recent upgrades or updates but I did recently change servers, but it had worked for a week on the new VPS before derping out on me. Looked at DB with phpMyAdmin and everything on the DB side seems to be in fine working order.

inc/config.php and settings.php both seem to have correct information.

Install folder was present but even after renaming there was no change.
Is there any chance your URL wasn't updated and this is pointing to your old server, which no longer has a DB?

Also can you check the permissions on your files? Another possibility is there is no read access
Are you 99% sure that you installed it? You should try to wipe both the settings/config.php files to make sure it's true install.
(2014-06-17, 12:00 PM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any chance your URL wasn't updated and this is pointing to your old server, which no longer has a DB?

Also can you check the permissions on your files? Another possibility is there is no read access

Pinging the domain it seems to be pointing to the right IP.

Looking in config.php the hostname is set to localhost so it should be looking at the local mysqli DB.

I temporarily CHMODed the entire /inc folder to 777 and there didn't seem to be any change. Any other place I should be looking for improper permissions.

(2014-06-17, 05:48 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you 99% sure that you installed it? You should try to wipe both the settings/config.php files to make sure it's true install.

I am pretty sure I installed it. This mean this was a live forum before the myBB derp with some +50,000 posts across +7,500 threads.

If wiping it would help how would I go about doing this? I obviously don't want to loose all our previous data but if it can be re-imported I would be fine with that.
(2014-06-17, 07:57 PM)Hentai Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-17, 12:00 PM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any chance your URL wasn't updated and this is pointing to your old server, which no longer has a DB?

Pinging the domain it seems to be pointing to the right IP.

Looking in config.php the hostname is set to localhost so it should be looking at the local mysqli DB.

I temporarily CHMODed the entire /inc folder to 777 and there didn't seem to be any change. Any other place I should be looking for improper permissions.

(2014-06-17, 05:48 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]Are you 99% sure that you installed it? You should try to wipe both the settings/config.php files to make sure it's true install.

I am pretty sure I installed it. This mean this was a live forum before the myBB derp with some +50,000 posts across +7,500 threads.

If wiping it would help how would I go about doing this? I obviously don't want to loose all our previous data but if it can be re-imported I would be fine with that.

Wiping the config.php/settings.php is removing the code. If you're feeling wary: please make a backup in phpmyadmin!
I don't want to re-install it if it means loosing all my data.

Is there any way to port the users, posts, etc. to the new installation afterward if that is the case?
[quote='Hentai' pid='1080827' dateline='1402977067']
My board has been installed and worked fine but recently I have been getting the error 41 not-installed error when my myBB install has been active for at least a year.

still there is error message on your website. Forum was working fine before accordin to you, so what do you think what caused this problem, did you made any change last time it was working good, remember and also if you have doubt if somebody hacked forum Sad . Ask experts how can I keep my forum safe nexttime from hackers.
(2014-06-19, 03:44 AM)Hentai Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want to re-install it if it means loosing all my data.

Is there any way to port the users, posts, etc. to the new installation afterward if that is the case?
You can make a backup via phpmyadmin. Wiping them 2 files are not targetting the mysql database.