MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: search.lang.php "malware detected" line in FTP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I recently transferred my forum onto another host, and somewhere along the way, the "search.lang.php" file in the FTP got deleted/removed from the FTP, probably because of a "malware detected" alert that keeps coming up now.

I am using MyBB version 1.6.13, and the inc/languages/english/search.lang.php refuses to stay in the FTP (using FileZlla); I tried using both the default file from the MyBB documents documents, and the file I had on my previous site (wanted to make sure it wasn't the file), but neither worked. This is what comes up:

Command: STOR search.lang.php
Response: 150 Accepted data connection
Response: 226-File successfully transferred
Response: 226-0.121 seconds (measured here), 35.75 Kbytes per second
Response: 226 *** MALWARE DETECTED ***

Then it says it's going to passive mode and the file isn't on the FTP anymore.

After looking through the file and removing different lines, it turns out the line that brings up the error is this one:
$l['find_all'] = "Find all";

I put in the rest of the lines in the search.lang.php file in a document and uploaded it to the FTP (not including the "find_all" line), and the search works again. The file also stays on the FTP.

My question is, will not having that line in the coding be a problem later?

There is another support forum where someone put in the document using CPanel, and people mentioned editing the coding, http://community.mybb.com/thread-153832.html, so is taking out the "find_all" the solution or is there another way to fix this problem incase the "find_all" line is really necessary?
You could try renaming the file to search.lang.bak and uploading it.
If successful and it isn't rejected, then rename the file back to search.lang.php
It wont break functionality if that line is missing. It will only result in some blank content where that wording was used.
CloudyBright, I tried that at first, thinking maybe I could trick the FTP to take the file if it was under a different name (with the original content in the file), it didn't work. I also made a new file in the FTP, and pasted the content into the file and saved it, but the file gets removed as soon as the content is saved. I'm not sure why this line of code is throwing it all off.

Pavemen, cool! I tested the search to see what word might be missing, and it looks like it's in the "Moderator Options" area, since the default area is blank now and there isn't a "find all posts" section to it for the results. Only a "find only approved" and "find only unapproved" results. Which is pretty minor.

If that's all that line of code does, then I'll be fine without it, so long as the search is working again. Thanks guys!
Thanks for your effort. I have no idea why it's disallowed to be uploaded only on several hostings. Try asking them whether they enabled some sort of unusual security layer.

You can remove the language string and find it in template - search_moderator_options specifically. Replace {$lang->find_all} with Find all there.
Destroy666, I totally forgot I could edit that in the Templates. Just did it, and everything looks back to normal now. Thanks!