MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: remove the ability to send an e-mail to a user group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If this is already possible, I must of missed it.

I'm trying to restrict the ability to send an e-mail to users within specific user groups.

Right now I have a user group on my forum that has its PM capabilities disabled and I'd like to do the same for e-mails.

If this isn't already an option in core, it certainly should be, imho.
Under Groups -> Miscellaneous -> Miscellaneous, there's a few options to limit emails.

Can send threads to friends and email users?
Can email users even if they appear on their ignore list?
Maximum Emails Per Day:

That prevents users in those groups from sending emails, but I don't think there is a way to stop other users from emailing users that are in those groups (not sure if this was what you were looking for).

Edit: Upon reread, I think you're looking for the last bit I mentioned. I don't think there is a way currently built into the core (I agree it should be).
(2014-06-19, 02:45 AM)jshort Wrote: [ -> ]Under Groups -> Miscellaneous -> Miscellaneous, there's a few options to limit emails.

Can send threads to friends and email users?
Can email users even if they appear on their ignore list?
Maximum Emails Per Day:

That prevents users in those groups from sending emails, but I don't think there is a way to stop other users from emailing users that are in those groups (not sure if this was what you were looking for).

Edit: Upon reread, I think you're looking for the last bit I mentioned. I don't think there is a way currently built into the core (I agree it should be).

yeah, I'm looking to remove the ability for users to get e-mails if they're in a user group that has such capability disabled.
I think this has to be a plugin Shemo; the other issue is, if this group cannot receive emails then how can they get a password reset? What you could do is just hide it on profile and postbit? Would that work?
Why it will reflect to pass reset mails? It can be done a way to allow system mails. I mean prevent users only while the try to send mail to a member of specified group.
Looking forward to your plugin effone Big Grin
(2014-06-19, 03:21 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Looking forward to your plugin effone Big Grin

Well, do you think something like this will work?
I've added the ability to restrict individual users as well as option for allowing admins also ...

[attachment=31831]