MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Members are visible even to logged out visitors!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I wonder whether I missed a setting for the new boards I set up for the Trustees of our smnall association.

The Members' directory AND the members' individual profiles are visible even once I have logged out.

Have I missed a settig (I checked but couldn't see one).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Toni
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum for this topic (General Support maybe?), but here's how you fix that:

Under Users & Groups -> Groups -> Guests

Under Forums & Posts -> Viewing Options -> Make sure that "Can view user profiles?" is unchecked

Under Miscellaneous -> Miscellaneous -> Make sure that "Can view member list?" is unchecked
Thank you jshort,

I hadn't spotted those in the forest of settings of the admin panel Smile

Sorry I posted this in the wrong board, next time I'll know, so double thanks for still taking the time to answer my query.

Have a great weekend, when it gets to wherever you are!

TTFN!

Toni
Moved to General Support
Can someone tel me what is the purpose of "members" directory? How and why it is useful? Besides for various spammers etc? I am considering removing "members" from the header, but maybe I am missing the point somewhere?
Thanks
^ instead of saying how it is useful,
I'd suggest to keep it away from the new users (a group with posts < 50 and joined in last 30 days)
Is there a setting to do this within admin panel? Or some "code tweaking" needed?
However I still do not understand the purpose of that list Smile
I mean what would I lose if I remove that thing completely? Smile
It's a list of all of your site's members. Whether you would find it useful or not depends on if that information is relevant to you and your board's purpose. I run an RPG board, so each user is a "character". It's very useful to be able to see all of the "characters" on the board by using the member list.

It doesn't hurt anything to remove the link in the header, but you can still access it by directly going to the URL, unless the permissions are set to disallow that or you completely delete the page.