MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MariaDB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently a webhost we use is switching to MariaDB primary. Is MariaDB and MyBB compatible with one another?
MariaDB is a drop-in replacement for MySQL so it's fully compatible with MyBB.
Thanks Stefan. Smile.

They gave us an option of keeping MySQL5.6 if we want it or try out MariaDB10. Gonna try it out to see how it goes.

Do you know if the commands are pretty much the same? CREATE TABLE, INSERT, USE, SELECT FROM?
(2014-06-19, 06:22 PM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Stefan. Smile.

They gave us an option of keeping MySQL5.6 if we want it or try out MariaDB10. Gonna try it out to see how it goes.

Do you know if the commands are pretty much the same? CREATE TABLE, INSERT, USE, SELECT FROM?
Use MariaDB 10, it's stable since like 2 months ago (Yes, running it on a forum with 5m posts)
Also be sure to completely uninstall MySQL before going to it or you can get a bit of a trouble that can take a bit to fix.

Yes, it's a fork of the real MySQL, fixed and tweaked so it's just the same
Thanks Rakes! It's already on our new VPS I'll ask for MariaDB 10 Smile

Also do you know if bigdump works on importing? 1 million post forum Big Grin
As Stefan said, MariaDB is a drop in replacement. The API is designed to be fully compatible with MySQL.
(2014-06-19, 08:41 PM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks Rakes! It's already on our new VPS I'll ask for MariaDB 10 Smile

Also do you know if bigdump works on importing? 1 million post forum Big Grin

Wouldn't use bigdump if u have a VPS it's slow and bulky, just do the good old
mysql -u root -p database_name < dump.sql

Setting some vars you can find via google will speed it up.
Thanks guys. Time to brush up on command lines

I also noticed with a lot of newer VPS that when using -u -p getting messages of "Deprecated". Which is interesting.

Thanks again Euan and Rakes Smile

-- --

Now to search of how to fix the merge breaking on private messages xD
(2014-06-19, 10:16 PM)ashkir Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks guys. Time to brush up on command lines

I also noticed with a lot of newer VPS that when using -u -p getting messages of "Deprecated". Which is interesting.

Thanks again Euan and Rakes Smile

-- --

Now to search of how to fix the merge breaking on private messages xD
I took a look at it just seems your missing that column Confused
I use in my small forum + MariaDB 10 (xtradb (support Full text index))...
work perfectly...