MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display Message To Guests After Certain Amount of Threads Read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want guests to be directed to a page every so often telling them why they should register. They can continue to view threads (seeing the message so often) as a guest or register.
(2014-06-20, 08:23 PM)Nordic Wrote: [ -> ]I want guests to be directed to a page every so often telling them why they should register. They can continue to view threads (seeing the message so often) as a guest or register.

So like a popup box or sidebox below? Or a plugin that limits the ammount of forums you can view?
Exactly that, but I want them to have the option of continuing to view as guest but being nagged occasionally.

I suppose a plugin that does just what you said could be tweaked, so either or.
(2014-06-21, 03:45 AM)Nordic Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly that, but I want them to have the option of continuing to view as guest but being nagged occasionally.

This would actually be beneficial to attract members (if such a thing is possible)
(2014-06-21, 03:47 AM)ShaneR82 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-21, 03:45 AM)Nordic Wrote: [ -> ]Exactly that, but I want them to have the option of continuing to view as guest but being nagged occasionally.

This would actually be beneficial to attract members (if such a thing is possible)

Oh, it's very well possible I just wanted to know if anybody knew of a plugin that did any such thing.
I know there is a plugin Labroca written that makes it where a user can only view a certin amount of posts. It's possible by adding a <if> statement and putting it in corner for guests! Possibly in Index template. I will work on this and take a look.
(2014-06-21, 09:51 PM)Ace700 Wrote: [ -> ]I know there is a plugin Labroca written that makes it where a user can only view a certin amount of posts. It's possible by adding a <if> statement and putting it in corner for guests! Possibly in Index template. I will work on this and take a look.

Very cool! Let me know!