MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom MyBB Registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I am trying to integrate MyBB + Wordpress together. I basically want people to register on my wordpress side of the site and then when they go to the forum have the ability to post and such with the same username/password.

So I am basically just taking the Register part from the forum and putting it all on a page on WP. I am getting it all setup fine so far but when I create an account and try to log in I get password incorrect. I am new to PHP and hashing+salt so I am sure its something I dont know.

$hash = hash('md5', $password1);

function createSalt()
	{
	$text = md5(uniqid(rand(), true));
	return substr($text, 0, 9);
	}

$salt = createSalt();
$password = hash('md5', $salt . $hash);

So I am hashing the password1 with md5. Then I am creating a salt, then I am hashing the salt+hashedpassword.

Not sure what to do here.

Ok, I did some more researching and found how MyBB does it. Found it here.. http://community.mybb.com/thread-75972-p...#pid555146

So I edited my code and I was able to successfully create a MyBB register page on wordpress. Now time to fix the error I am getting.
Glad to know the issue was solved possibly post your error if you would like help.