MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide quotes from ignored users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The title is pretty straightforward. When you ignore people, you don't want to see their posts anymore... but what's the point if I can still read what they wrote when they are quoted by another user that is not ignored by me?

I have two suggestions to solve this problem, one pretty damn simple and another one that's just "easy":

1. Make quotes from ignored people vanish completely;

2. Swap the quotation with a distinct message like "ignored quotation".

About the first suggestion, there is one downside to completely making quotations disappear: some replies may not make any sense because you needed to know that it was quoting someone.

The second suggestion addresses the aforementioned problem, and may or may not offer an option to show both user and ignored content related to the quotation.

Just to add more to this thread, I was reading this somewhat old topic and it seems that my first suggestion is a better fit in the concept of "ignore" that was already discussed here in the past.

But still, I think the second suggestion works better without the optional show/hide name and/or quotation. A simple message saying that there is an ignored quotation in that place should be more than enough.

So, what do you guys think?
+1.
Agree with hide quote of ignored users.
I ignored some users. But, was not some utility. You'd just reading the comments of people who are on your list of ignored anyway.

I do not think that is something very difficult to do.

In quote tag put uid...

something [quote='xxxx' pid='00000' dateline='0000' uid='000']

and in jscript or php put something...

if (ignoredusers = quote uid)
{ add class hidequote}
I made modification in my forum to hide quote of ignored users.

So I will share here the changes I made. Hope this helps in improving the MyBB 1.8 or 2.0.

https://github.com/mybb/mybb/compare/myb...e?expand=1

Thanks
+1 - thanks! works fine