MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could someone please help me to get rid of this "Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content" thing?

My website link is: SEO I mean no matter what I do I just can't make it happen?
Honestly not worth addressing, you can load it in the footer if you want, but I'd just leave it alone. The PageSpeed Insights are an okay thing to get a general idea of performance, but I wouldn't get holy about it, if you know what I mean. It's basically telling you that the webpage has to wait for the CSS/JS files to load before it can load the page, and by doing that, the page is technically slower. You actually would probably want to load the CSS first as they're incredibly small files and if the connection is slow, you'd at least want to client to have a decent looking site while they're waiting for the rest of the page to load. For example, if you load the JS/CSS in the footer it'll more than likely get rid of the warnings (it should), but if a client/viewer has a very slow connection for whatever reason (lets say 5 KB/s), the client is going to load everything without any styling, and anything that uses any other libraries you load won't work. Seeing as in-between the header/footer, you'll have images and other things much larger than what the CSS/JS files are, it simply isn't worth it to load it afterwords. CSS and JS files are cached locally anyway.

What I would worry about if I was extremely worried about loading times would be getting rid of images when they're not needed and replace with CSS alternatives/sprites and ensuring that any images that are used are heavily optimized (Photoshop does a great job at this).
WOW that's what I called great post. I have optimized JS and placed CSS above the JS in the headerinclude looks like did the trick decreased load time my 1 sec.

I will follow you advice and forget about this thing thanks buddy +1