MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Problem with template and comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you set the "Output template start/end comments?" to off...the postbit images (i.e. postbit_www.gif) are butted up against each other. This is true for both IE7 and Opera but I did not test in Firefox yet. I had this problem before but only today realized it was from the comments being off.

I am not sure how you would correct this in the code but it should be dealt with as a setting will break layout.

I tested this with the default theme and while it's not butted against each other they become very close.

Comments in HTML often give off space even though it really shouldn't.
labrocca Wrote:If you set the "Output template start/end comments?" to off...the postbit images (i.e. postbit_www.gif) are butted up against each other. This is true for both IE7 and Opera but I did not test in Firefox yet. I had this problem before but only today realized it was from the comments being off.

I use firefox myself, and I can confirm this. Wink It's because the comments add a new line "\n" after the comment itself, which then results in the browsers mistaking it for spaces. *shrugs*

The End comments seems to insert the newline before the comment, and the start inserts after the comment. O.o
I have turned comments back on for now but I would rather they be removed. It only adds to the page size and load.
This should fix it (upload to /inc/):
This bug has been fixed in the latest code.

Please note the latest code is not live on the site or for download. An update will be released which contains this fix.