MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change language globally
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ello!

First off I'm not too sure when the switch happened, but my old mybb was shipped with most languages. Now I find that it only includes English.

Every now and then a user/viewer will get this error:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ']' in / home/stickys1/public_html/forum/inc/languages/englishgb/messages.lang.php on line 205
which is resolved by changing their language to just English.

I want to remove this issues by globally change all the users languages to the new English that is shipped with mybb, so how would I go about doing that (would the simplest be to set myself to the new language, look it up in the DB and adjust all accordingly)?

Thanks,
Jason.
Can you please either post the contents of your messages.lang.php file or upload it as an attachment so we can view it. It says there is a parsing error so this way we can find it and assist you with fixing it.
This is the output of the messages file: http://pastebin.com/DDZZ5tCV
This issue (in the past) was caused by a plugin that relied on English and when a user had EnglishGB set it would throw.

Thank you for the help.
$l['email_activateaccount’] should be $l['email_activateaccount'] (second to last character)
Would the characters of been changed on the file upload type (ASCII/binary)?

Thank you for sorting that out, it's a little bad I missed that since I've had the problem before with other files.
What might have happened is a program like Microsoft Word was used which doesn't use ' by default, it uses a different single quote.
I see. Thank you for that.

Marked as solved.