MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB to MyBB ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
right now I'm trying to get the mybb software on my forum which is currently on IPB, i was wondering if anyone can help me?
( I'm not trying to convert posts or anything, just change software )
Moved to Merge System since it involves merging from a different forum software.
What exactly do you need help with?

Do you plan to merge users over at least? Or are you going to start from a completely clean slate?

The first step would be to setup MyBB on your hosting. I'm going to make an assumption and guess that you were using IPB hosting? If that is the case, with Mybb you are responsible for your own hosting. I recommend Digital Ocean. If not, then the first step would be to backup your IPB forum completely (files and DB), and then remove the IPB files so that they don't take up space. Once you have hosting or have backed up and removed IPB files from your server then you can begin setup.

Here is a pretty ugly guide (doesn't seem very user friendly to me) on how to install Mybb. Hopefully its enough to give you the information you need. It's very unlikely that you will have mysql 4, so you should skip those instructions and go to the Uploading section on the second page of the guide.
http://docs.mybb.com/Installing.html
Any specifics whatsoever? So we can assist you more efficiently
Thanks guys, but i got it done Smile