MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [FIXED] Forum transferred to my host, now having issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I fixed it. There was a slight issue in the settings.php file. After editing it in NP++ and then re-uploading it finally worked in the $settings['cookiedomain'] = ".vector4productions.powerwh.com/"; area. I took out the slash, and it worked. Didn't realise that's what wasn't supposed to be in there. - Thank you for reading this.[/b]

Someone transferred from another host to my host, and now they are having problems.

I got most issues fixed. Biggest problem is that now you cannot login. They gave me permission to login to their AdminCP on their other host, I changed all the URL's in their respective places to my domain, and then they backed it up and uploaded it. Config.php file has been changed to their new DB name and Pass.

You cannot login, and I have not tried to register.

Edit: Registration does in fact work and does show up in the Info center.

I've never used MyBB, so this has me a little confused. I've only used Remotely hosted message boards. Toungue

Edit2: by the way this is the settings that I have.

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".vector4productions.powerwh.com/";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forums/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

edit 3:

I even tried it this way:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".vector4productions.powerwh.com/forums";

but to no avail.
(2014-06-24, 09:01 PM)Nick-PWH Wrote: [ -> ]I fixed it. There was a slight issue in the settings.php file. After editing it in NP++ and then re-uploading it finally worked in the $settings['cookiedomain'] = ".vector4productions.powerwh.com/"; area. I took out the slash, and it worked. Didn't realise that's what wasn't supposed to be in there. - Thank you for reading this.[/b]

Someone transferred from another host to my host, and now they are having problems.

I got most issues fixed. Biggest problem is that now you cannot login. They gave me permission to login to their AdminCP on their other host, I changed all the URL's in their respective places to my domain, and then they backed it up and uploaded it. Config.php file has been changed to their new DB name and Pass.

You cannot login, and I have not tried to register.

Edit: Registration does in fact work and does show up in the Info center.

I've never used MyBB, so this has me a little confused. I've only used Remotely hosted message boards. Toungue

Edit2: by the way this is the settings that I have.

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".vector4productions.powerwh.com/";

edit 3:

I even tried it this way:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".vector4productions.powerwh.com/forums";

but to no avail.

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".vector4productions.powerwh.com";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forums";

http://community.mybb.com/thread-154924.html
As Ace700 pointed out, your cookie settings were wrong. For the cookie domain you don't include the path, and for the path you don't add a trailing backslash.

For reference: http://community.mybb.com/thread-42123.html

Be sure to update the settings in the ACP as well (described in the above link) so that the database is updated as well.