MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum won't refresh until I hit F5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ello!

I'm not too sure when this started, however it is getting pretty frustrating.
After logging in, posting threads, editing threads and so on, the changes won't display until I force a refresh.

I've cleared my cache and cookies, purged the sites CloudFlare cache (just in case) and Google isn't helping on this issue. I'm using a new .htaccess from the latest MyBB build.

Are there any things I should try or change?

Thanks,
Jason.
What do you mean wont refresh?
I had this issue before, I was using CloudFlare on that site as well. Try pausing CloudFlare, thus making traffic go directly to your web server, and then see if the issue persists.
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/...CloudFlare-
(2014-06-25, 12:01 AM)Rymax99 Wrote: [ -> ]I had this issue before, I was using CloudFlare on that site as well. Try pausing CloudFlare, thus making traffic go directly to your web server, and then see if the issue persists.
https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/...CloudFlare-

I've disabled Cloudflare and waited a while but still no cigar. When posting a new thread it will show when re-directed, but when I return to the forum root it won't show in the list until I refresh.

Anything else that I could change?
Are your server loads high? I had that kind of issue before on a large forum when server loads were extremely high.
(2014-06-25, 03:04 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]Are your server loads high? I had that kind of issue before on a large forum when server loads were extremely high.

A small forum, approximately 1000 users, 2-10 users online (4 of which are usually bots).
CPU & IO usage is low so I don't believe it is under any load.
But according to MyBB load it usually sits around 6.
I'm with a reputable provider so the over clients on the server may be increasing the total load?

I believe it happened around the time I installed the GoMobile plugin, and I just disabled it and that's the cause. Would there be anything in particular within it that could cause it (as I would like to keep the mobile platform covered)?
If you are on shared hosting, it could be scripts others run for the load to be that high. Ask your host if other accounts are using excessive resources assuming you're on shared hosting.