MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I will create a major plugin for free... give me your suggestions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yup, so out of boredom I've decided that I need a new project to take up some of my free time. I want to create something that many people can get use out of. I personally don't run my own forum, so I don't know what is wanted that isn't already available.

So as a question to all of you forum owners: What kind of plugin do you find yourself wanting? Do you have a major idea for a plugin that you're surprised isn't already made? I'm interested to get people's feedback on this.
Conversation PMs. I'm also admin on someone's IPB forum and from my experience this feature would be the first thing I'd copy to MyBB. Don't know if it is possible with the provided hooks, but may be worth trying. IIRC, someone started such project but never heard of finishing it.
Euantor and I started our own projects on that. None saw the sun light though.

RPG system. I will write one for myself but have not the time ATM.
I'd love a plugin that would help simplify setting up the permissions for forums.

I mean I like MyBB... but setting up groups and permissions can be a major pain. Like I mentioned here:
Quote:Right now the way forum permissions are set up is ok. But if you need to adjust a number of them (like if you add a new group) it can get tedious. So with that in mind it'd be good to have a way to list all the forums and then set permissions for all of them (for one group) at a time.

Something like how IPB1.3 handled it. For those who have never seen (or don't remember) how IPB 1.3 handled it... like this. (Is it fancy? No, not really... But it works quite well.)

Ideally it'd be listed under the forum section and you'd click it and the page would show a list of all the groups. Then you'd click on one of the names and it'd show you a list of every forum and what permissions that forum has.

This way you could easily set multiple forum/category permissions quickly. Or check to see if they were how you wanted them without having to go in and check like 4 different forums at a time.

Admittedly this is a little dull/bland compared to an RPG type system or something of that nature... But I think this would be a must have mod and would be massively useful to just about every admin.

However is this is not possible... Then an RPG system would be nice. Especially if it could hook into MyAlerts.
If you haven't picked a major plugin to develop, check out my recent request. The authentication part isn't really major, but if you used the API's for a more robust integration for displaying information on member's profiles and postbits (game stats, medals, achievements, etc) it could be a huge plugin with a pretty large worldwide following.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-155816.html
I'd like to see an option to the "View New Posts" drop down menu with choices such as:
  • Last Two Days
  • Last 5 days
  • Last week
  • Last month
  • Last 6 months
Default is last visit.
I'd be happy if you just fixed some of the existing ones that don't work right Smile
(2014-07-09, 02:08 AM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see an option to the "View New Posts" drop down menu with choices such as:
  • Last Two Days
  • Last 5 days
  • Last week
  • Last month
  • Last 6 months
Default is last visit.

The MyBB codebase actually already has most of that ability, you just really need to add the links to the templates:

/search.php?action=getdaily&days=2
/search.php?action=getdaily&days=5
etc...

it can even be filtered to a list of forum IDs:

/search.php?action=getdaily&days=5&fids=1,15,34
/search.php?action=getdaily&fids=56
Attachments in PMs and multi attachment uploader/downloader in posts... and add notes for attachment
(2014-07-09, 02:08 AM)CloudyBright Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see an option to the "View New Posts" drop down menu with choices such as:
  • Last Two Days
  • Last 5 days
  • Last week
  • Last month
  • Last 6 months
Default is last visit.
something like this? English language files are included.
Pages: 1 2 3