MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about adding a time limit before posts bump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am in the middle of setting up a billiards message board (qabilliards.com) and having problems with a setting I want to put in place.

I have a forum called "Buy / Sale / Trade" where people can sale billiard related items. We want people to comment in the threads, but we want to make it so the threads are not bumped to the top until about 40 hours has passed since the last bump (At that point we would only want it to bump if someone makes a comment after the 40 hours).

Is there an add-on or some setting I am missing to do this? I do not want to put this restriction on any of the other forums. Only in this one section.

I apologize in advance as I am not a computer programmer, but I do work in the IT field.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.
The post merge time is something that can only be set globally by default. Admin CP->Configuration->Posting. If you want it on a per forum basis, you'd need a plugin.
(2014-06-25, 03:01 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]The post merge time is something that can only be set globally by default. Admin CP->Configuration->Posting. If you want it on a per forum basis, you'd need a plugin.

Any idea where I can find a plugin that allows this?