MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to add banner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am not able to add a banner as I have in previous versions, putting a statement for the background of #container. Like this.
background: #fff url(images/banner_seaside_IIc.jpg) top left no-repeat;

I have this exact same statement working on MyBB 1.6. I also used Inspect Element in two browsers to confirm that 1.8 has an actual photo hooked up to #container.

Any suggestions how to add this?

BTW, at one point I completely removed .wrapper, and the banner became visible. But I cannot duplicate this in several subsequent tests. Also, putting the banner into .wrapper doesn't work correctly. In fact, I had to remove the min-width and max-width settings from .wrapper to get the #container to size and behave correctly.

Here's my beta forum: http://tanglebear.org/mybb/
What you want to do is go into your CSS, find #logo, and remove this part:

background: #fff;
I think there's something wrong.
Take a look here: http://i.imgur.com/Fw4FoYV.png

Tip:
Do not use white or you theme's color when you want to test something. I always use "red" because it flash so I can see where it is. After fixing it I change the "red" to my color.
Remember: do not use #red
Yeah, adding your background to #logo is more appropriate than adding it to #container.
(2014-06-25, 11:39 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]What you want to do is go into your CSS, find #logo...

Thanks. Your suggestion worked. I can't believe I missed that. It is right there in that spot.

(2014-06-25, 11:46 PM)YOLOnline Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's something wrong.

The red part is below content and below footer, so they are not affecting it. But it's inside container. I'm no sure what is wrong with that.
(2014-06-25, 11:51 PM)Eric J. Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, adding your background to #logo is more appropriate than adding it to #container.
This. I took a look at my theme for 1.8 and the banner is logo's background.